Saturday 9 August 2008

Netley Shed Raising #5


Step 5: Add the two halves of the roof. Add the roofing felt.

This is where we had our only real problem. Being me, I meticulously followed the supplied instructions, not realising that I'd missed an extra instruction sheet supplied with the shed, that said NOT to follow the instructions for this step, but instead to do something different. If I'd realised this, there would have been no problem.

Instead, we ended up essentially trashing the supplied felt. Fortunately, when we moved into our house we'd inherited some leftover roofing felt. This is much thicker than the felt supplied with the shed, and is a bit old and knackered, but will do the job.

It greatly amuses Amanda that this problem arose because I was following the instructions.

No comments: